HOLIDAY WASTE PICK-UP SCHEDULE REMINDER
From Rumpke Waste & Recycling (12/22/2021) – Our friends at Rumpke remind us that since Christmas Day and New Year’s Day fall on Saturdays this year, your Rumpke service will occur on schedule. The Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve holidays will have no impact on service.
Please place your items curbside the night before your regularly scheduled collection day. Do not miss your collection, otherwise, you will have to wait until your next regularly scheduled collection for pick-up. During the holiday season, Rumpke typically experiences a 25% increase in the amount of waste and recycling placed curbside. The increased volume of material, coupled with a limited holiday schedule, eliminates the option of return service if a customer misses his or her normal collection day.
THE RECYCLING NAUGHTY & NICE LISTS
- Cardboard boxes, including shipping boxes (please break down and fit in container)
- Wrapping paper (non-foil)
- Wrapping paper rolls (cardboard)
- Paper gift bags
- Gift boxes
- Postcards, greeting cards and envelopes
- Newspapers, junk mail and sales ads
- Clean pizza boxes
- Paperboard (like cracker or cereal boxes)
- Plastic bottles, jugs and tubs
- Glass bottles and jars (any color)
- Cartons (like broth and egg nog)
- Aluminum and steel cans
- Tissue paper
- Foil wrapping paper
- Packing peanuts or plastic packaging
- Christmas lights
- Food waste
- Plastic bags (this includes bagging recyclable material
- Textiles (clothing, bed sheets, stuffed animals)
- Batteries – do not belong in your trash or recycling. Lithium-ion batteries pose a serious risk when compacted. Contact your local solid waste district to learn how to properly dispose of batteries.
All recyclable material should be clean, empty and placed in recycling containers loose (no bags of any kind) to ensure they can be properly sorted and recycled. For more information on trash and recycling guidelines or holiday schedule information, visit Rumpke.com.