Village Council and committee meetings are held to conduct the business of Council. These meetings are open to the public (except for executive sessions) and are held at the Municipal Building in Council Chambers. Meetings are generally held on the second and fourth Monday of each month. Council does observe a summer schedule, meeting once per month (June, July & August). Check the blog for scheduled times. Council does not meet on scheduled holidays.
During the COVID-19 corona virus pandemic, all public meetings are being held virtually by Zoom call. Click here for scheduled meetings and links to participate.
At the first organization meeting of a newly elected Council, rules are adopted by motion and a majority vote of the Members of Council. Such rules govern Council and remain in effect until modified by Council or a new Council is voted into office. Such Rules shall include those matters deemed necessary to facilitate the business of the Village. Rules of Council shall not be in conflict with the Charter of the Village.
Residents who wish to address Council or a committee about a specific topic may do so by registering in advance to be included on the agenda. To register you must call 513-531-7418 or email email@example.com by the close of business on the business day prior to a scheduled regular meeting of Council. To confirm you are registered, you must speak in person directly to a Village representative or receive a return call confirming your participation prior to the meeting. You must provide your name, address, and specific topic.
Council Committee Meetings
Residents are welcome and encouraged to attend any of the following official Village meetings:
- Executive Committee meets in Council Chambers at 6 pm on the second (2nd) Monday of each month.
- Finance Committee meets in Council Chambers at 6 pm on the fourth (4th) Monday of each month. Finance does not meet on the fourth Monday of December.
- Planning/Zoning Commission meets on the first (1st) Monday of every month at 6:30 pm.
- The Records Commission meets quarterly to develop and implement standards of records retention to ensure compliance with Ohio records retention laws with date, time and location generally announced in Council and published on the Village web site.
- The Tax Board of Appeals meets as needed to review specific issues presented for review by the Tax Commissioner of the Village with date, time and location generally announced in Council and published on the Village web site.
Committees do not meet on scheduled holidays.