Building department services, including building permits, are issued by Hamilton County. The application process is detailed below. Information on Hamilton County Building Inspections and Permit Department’s processes can be reviewed here.
The Village of Golf Manor maintains the integrity of the community environment by protecting the health and safety of the general public through the enforcement of all applicable building, housing, and zoning codes for all residential and commercial properties in the Village.
Assisting residents in proper permitting for building construction has been assigned to the Hamilton County Building Inspections and Permit Department. Enforcement of Village building codes and ordinances is performed in-house by the Village’s Code Enforcement Official.
Working with residents and business owners to resolve property maintenance issues is a prime objective. Such issues as peeling paint, rotted wood, deteriorated roof systems, life safety problems, complaints regarding deteriorated properties, high grass, trash, junked (disabled) autos, side walk and retention wall inspection are identified and resolved through our Code Enforcement Official. Complaints or questions regarding these issues should be reported directly at 513-800-6158. The Code Enforcement Official will call you back within 72 hours to discuss your concerns. You may also report issues online with Citizen Serve,
BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATIONS
The Village of Golf Manor contracts with Hamilton County for administration of all residential and commercial property plan examinations, building permits, electrical permits and on-site inspections. The Hamilton County Board of Health is under contract to perform plumbing inspections.
The Hamilton County Building Inspections and Permits office reviews all applications and plans for residential and commercial construction, repairs, and alterations within the Village limits and issues the necessary permits for such work. After a permit has been issued, the department makes the necessary on-site inspections as the work progresses.
A Zoning Certificate must be issued by the Village for any new fence, replacement fence, or building project conducted in the Village. Once a Zoning Certificate has been issued, Hamilton County will issue a Building Permit when plans are approved and code requirements are met. Permits are required for exterior work and interior remodeling projects involving projects or structural changes such as:
- New dwelling
- Home additions (including sheds & garages over 200 sq ft.)
- Electrical wiring
- Alteration and fire repair
- Movement of structures
- Accessory structures (sheds & garages under 200 sq ft.)
- Enlargements of structures
- Heating and cooling additions or replacements
- Decks, handicap ramps and ramps without roofs
- Pools (in-ground or above ground)
- Retaining walls
Fence construction requires an approved Zoning Certificate. Permits are not required for general maintenance items such as painting, wall papering, carpeting, landscaping, roof shingle replacement, etc. If in doubt as to the need for a building permit, the applicant should contact the Code Enforcement Official at 513-800-6158 or the Hamilton County Building Inspections and Permits office at 513-946-4550.
BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATION PROCESS
- An application for a building permit may be filed by the owner of the property on which the work is to be performed, or by the project architect, engineer, or any other agent contracted by the owner. The owner and the applicant share the responsibility for any and all information submitted. The application and information submitted in the form of drawings and specifications must comply with all applicable Village building codes and ordinances.
- Prior to applying for a building permit, an approved Zoning Compliance Certificate must be obtained by the applicant from the Village’s Code Enforcement Official. This Certificate is obtained by submitting a completed Zoning Certificate Application Form along with the required Village fee. Submit the form to the Golf Manor Village office along with the appropriate application fee by check or money order. Once the Code Enforcement Official has reviewed the application and approved it (usually within 2 – 4 business days), the approved certificate is taken by the applicant to the Hamilton County Building Inspections and Permits office to apply for the Building Permit. Building Permit fees are by type of project and are listed on the application form.
- The approved Zoning Certificate must be submitted along with three sets of drawings and payment of the permit fee made payable to the Hamilton County Building Inspections and Permit office. When the drawings and application are reviewed and accepted (within a few days), the applicant will be notified to pick up the permit at the Hamilton County Building Inspections and Permit office.
- Work must begin within six (6) months and must be completed within one (1) year of the permit issue date. One renewal will be permitted upon request at a cost of one-half (1/2) of the original permit fee. This extension will be good for an addition six (6) months from the original permit issue date.
- The Hamilton County Building Inspections and Permits office reviews all applications and plans for residential and commercial construction, repairs, and alterations within the Village limits and issues the necessary permits for such work. After a permit has been issued, the department makes the necessary on-site inspections as the work progresses.
GOLF MANOR BUILDING PERMIT FEE SCHEDULE
The Village of Golf Manor has adopted the Hamilton County, OH Department of Building Inspections Schedule of Fees. Information about the Hamilton County Building Inspection and Permit process can be found online or information can be obtained directly at 513-946-4550.
BUILDING DEPARTMENT CONTACT NUMBERS
|Building Permit Applications & for Residential & Commercial Property||513-946-4550|
|Electrical Permits (Residential & Commercial)||513-946-4550|
|Plumbing Permits & Information||513-946-7800|
|Property Maintenance Issues/Golf Manor Code Enforcement Official||513-800-6158|