Members of Council have been organized into committees by the Mayor to focus on matters important to the Village through in-depth research and discussion and make recommendations for policy and action to the full Council.
These Committee meetings are open to the public and meet as follows (click here to review the Village event calendar):
- Executive Committee: The 2nd Monday of every month at 6:00 pm
- Finance: The 4th Monday of every month at 6:00 pm
Each committee prioritizes its business by formal motion unless the full Council refers a matter to committee with a directed schedule.
Addressing Council Committees
Residents who wish to address a Council committee may do so by registering in advance to be included on the agenda. Please call 513-531-7491 by 5 pm of the business day prior to a scheduled regular meeting to register your name and specific topic.
Meets second Monday monthly, 6:00 PM
Chair: Stefan Densmore
Members: Danny Kneipp, Lou Marx, Roger Van Harn (resident), Ashley Snyder (Resident)
Liaison from Finance: Matt Boettcher (non-voting)
Advisors to the Executive Committee: Village Administrator, Asst. Administrator, Police Chief, Fire District Chief, Village officials as required.
To research, develop, and upon review, make recommendations to the full Council strategies that effect Village operations including:
- Safety & Health: general safety issues including police, fire, and health. Make recommendations regarding equipment purchases by the police department. Work with the Mayor, Village Administrator, department heads, and outside agencies on all matters affecting the health and safety of Village residents.
- Operations & Infrastructure: Work with the Village Administrator, facilities manager, and police departments to develop and review infrastructure (public roads and buildings), traffic ordinances, traffic control, parking, road repair, snow and ice removal, storm damage recovery and cleanup, including the equipment used for road repair and cleanup. Upon review, this committee makes recommendations for full Council and administrative action.
- Laws/Code Enforcement: Work with service director, police, fire, and National Inspection Corporation (NIC) on building, fire, property maintenance codes, standards and solutions. Coordinate regulation of residential rental properties. Committee reviews and revises changes in zoning, codes and ordinances. With the solicitor’s review and guidance, the committee makes recommendations to the full Council.
- Environmental: Work with the Service Director and appropriate sections to formulate, review, and recommend plans of action for solid waste, recycling, composting, pollution, water management, and sediment control.
- Parks & Recreation: Recreation President will report regularly to Council
Work with the Golf Manor Recreation Commission and present matters from this commission to Council for their decision and review. Make recommendations to Council on matters concerning Village recreation facilities, programs and equipment. Work with resident volunteers in the prioritization, planning and implementation of various projects aimed at providing positive experiences for residents.
- Community Beautification: Work with the Service Director and resident volunteer groups in the planning and implementation of various projects aimed at aesthetic improvements in the Village such as streetscape projects, Village gateways, pocket parks, etc.
- Education: Sharon Chaney, Council Liaison
Work closely with local educational authorities, local school districts (i.e. Cincinnati Public Schools) and Hamilton County in order to improve communication, maintain and enhance educational opportunities in the Village and keep residents up-to-date on those opportunities.
- Special Events & Projects: Research, develop, recommend to Council and implement strategies for miscellaneous projects referred by Council or projects that the administration introduces and the committee agrees to place on its agenda.
- Actively work with the Finance Committee.
Meets fourth Monday monthly, 6:00 PM
Chair: Matt Boettcher
Members – Sharon Chaney, Brenda Dubose
Liaison from Executive: Danny Kneipp (non-voting)
Advisors to the Finance Committee: Village Administrator, Fiscal Officer, Police Chief, Budget Analyst/Tax Commissioner, Village officials as required.
- Review the Village’s revenue stream and expenses with the goal of ensuring the continued sustainability of the Village as a strong, independent local government; provide the maximum value of tax dollars for residents and businesses.
- Research, plan, review and recommend to the full Council legislative action related to all matters of Village finance, including taxes, funding, grants, salaries, issuance of municipal bonds, review of major expenses, and unplanned expenditures as they occur.
- Review and ensure the efficiency of tax collection.
- Review department budgets and work with the mayor, financial director, and department heads in matters concerning the Village budget and appropriations.
- Develop and recommend ordinances effecting Village finances and any new appropriations.
- Review all proposed spending and monetary contracts before being presented to the full Council.
- Actively work with the Executive Committee in developing strategies to fund their work.
Planning Commission/Zoning Board of Appeals:
Meets first Monday monthly at 6:30 PM.
Chair: Steve Simiele (1/2018)
Members – David Blathers (2018), Matthew Boettcher (2017), Matt Scott (2017), Jim Puthoff (2018)
Advisors to the Commission: Village Administrator, Solictor, Village officials as required.
- The Planning Commission convenes monthly to review, amend, or modify general building and zoning codes, the zoning plan, and other plans for the development of the Village, all in accordance with general law.
- The Commission shall perform other duties related to planning, zoning and platting as required by ordinance or resolution.
- The Commission will review building codes regulating the construction of buildings and other structures within the Village and from time to time make amendments as required.
- This group will also act as the Village’s zoning board of appeals as appointed by Council.
Meets as required.
- Mayor – Greg Schwartzberg
- Village Administrator – Ron Hirth
- Solicitor – Terry Donnellon
- Police Clerk – Denise Van Pelt
- Resident –
Tax Board of Appeals
Meets as required.
- Member – Sandy Fogelsong
- Member – Roger Van Harn
- Member – Steve Simiele