The relationship between the residents of our Village and the businesses that have chosen to operate here has become a valuable partnership that contributes to the lifeblood of the community and helps to stabilize the quality of life. There is a synergy that creates a common bond of prosperity and economic opportunity for all stakeholders, residents and owners alike. Our businesses are invested in the success of Golf Manor and likewise, we are invested in their success.
The Village is ever mindful of economic development within our business district. “Economic development” describes the process and policies by which the economic, political, and social well-being of all stakeholders is improved through planning and deliberate action to positively affect all facets of the community. The term is also used to define tools that are used by government in cooperation with private business to attract and retain business and improve the overall economic outlook and vitality of a community.
While the Village has done a remarkable job in building a base of redevelopment for residential properties, we continue to focus on redevelopment of the Village business district with the following goals in mind:
- Focus on increased commercial redevelopment with stable businesses that will add value to the community.
- Develop awareness of Golf Manor and the assets available to businesses and investors.
- Continuously improve the business district to allow Golf Manor to undertake long-range planning and continue improving Village services.
Golf Manor is fortunate to be located in the Greater Cincinnati region that is supported by a wealth of economic development support in the private sector as well as at the county and State levels. Resources available include support from economic development professionals at the local and State level including:
- Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce – The Chamber provides numerous services, including business retention and attraction, programs and events, member benefits to improve members’ bottom line, solutions to members’ workforce challenges, government advocacy, and more to create and sustain a positive business climate for our community, including demonstrating a commitment to small business assistance and economic inclusion.
- Port of Greater Cincinnati – The Port of Greater Cincinnati Development Authority is an economic development agency that initiates projects to improve property value and promote job creation throughout Hamilton County. The Port Authority has broad development-related powers and expertise that allow it to take on complex projects that catalyze private investment, with operational focus on transportation, community revitalization, public finance and real estate development.
- HCDC – Established in 1983, HCDC, Inc., formerly Hamilton County Development Co. Inc., helps build businesses and promote job creation in 3 simple ways: businesses incubation, business lending, and economic development services.
DOING BUSINESS IN GOLF MANOR
Businesses that choose to locate in the Village will find the same wealth of professional services and support that our residents enjoy including police, fire and infrastructure support. There are a number of immediate benefits to locating in the Village including:
- Central location in Hamilton County about 8 miles north of downtown Cincinnati.
- Quick and convenient access to the northern suburbs, the downtown business district and entertainment venues via four major highways including Interstates 71 and 75, the Norwood Lateral (SR 562) and Ronald Reagan Highway (SR 126).
- Competitive incentives to assist planning and development of your business goals with a pro-business attitude.
- Central location to a diverse regional labor market.
- Lower personal income tax rate at 1.7% compared to neighboring communities with a credit up to 1.7% for the amount of taxes that have been paid to another municipality.
- Net business profit tax rate of 1.7% for businesses operating within the Village.
- Access to all major utilities: electric, gas, water, high speed internet (multiple providers), television service.
- Located near major rail service
- Diverse transportation options for residents and employees to and from the Village including Metro, the regional transit system, and bike paths through major thoroughfares in the City of Cincinnati to Downtown and other neighborhoods.
- Convenient and fast access to the Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky international Airport.
- A short distance from Lunken Municipal Airport.
- Located centrally to two major economic development projects coordinated by the Greater Cincinnati Port Authority including redevelopment of the former Gibson Greeting Cards site on Section Road in Amberley Village and redevelopment of the Cincinnati Gardens property on Langdon Farm Road.
- Located within a mile of the growing Pleasant Ridge entertainment district and Midpointe Crossing in Bond Hill at Seymour Ave and Reading Road.
- Located within three miles of the At the Lateral business development in the City of Norwood.
Check out and support the many businesses that are based in the Village of Golf Manor here.