Fall Leaf Collection
Update (1/11/2019): Fall leaf collection season has ended. The maintenance crew has now converted our equipment to snow removal service. Any leaves remaining at the curb will need to be bagged by the resident/property owner and placed in paper bags for collection by Rumpke. Leaves may not be left at the curb or in the street during the Winter months.
Update (1/2/2019): The Maintenance crew will have completed a second full sweep of the Village by the end of the week (1/4/2019). After that there will be one more sweep through the Village to pick up anything remaining. Any leaves raked after 1/6/2019 will need to be bagged and placed out for Rumpke pick-up. Leaf collection season will officially end on Friday, January 11, 2019, weather permitting. Remember that leaves may not stay on the curb until Spring. Any leaves remaining at the curb or in the street after this date will need to be bagged by the resident/property owner and placed in paper bags for collection by Rumpke.
Update (12/14/2018): The Maintenance crew has completed a full sweep of the Village and started going back over areas for a second time. We will continue picking up leaves until the weather turns. Once the temperature stays below freezing consistently for the Winter season, leaf pick-up season will be over and residents will need to bag any leaves in front of their property, in paper bags, and set them out for Rumpke. Leaves may not be left at the curb during the Winter months.
Update (11/30/2018): The leaves finally started coming down the second week of November. Since then it’s been rain, freezing rain, sleet, some snow, and even more rain. The new leaf collection equipment has been out on the street since November 21 as weather has permitted. Leaf collection at this point is largely dependent on the weather and we will do our best to pick up every leaf that Mother Nature allows us to capture during December.
We are still not anticipating publishing a schedule. The crew will continue to canvass the Village and pick up wherever leaves are at the curb. As long as the weather cooperates, we will continue to clear the curbs until December 21. This extends the season for two additional weeks.
Some residents continue to rake leaves into the streets which has to stop. Leaves must be raked only to the curb.
In the meantime, here’s the guidelines:
- Each property owner is responsible to collect and properly dispose of their own leaves during the Fall season. The Village assists in this process by collecting leaves raked to the curb, usually in the time frame of early-November through mid-December. If circumstances beyond our control prevent the collection of leaves (inclement weather, equipment issues) property owners are still responsible to remove leaves from the curb and properly dispose of them by the last day of leaf pick-up season.
- Leaves must be raked to the right-of-way at the curb (the grassy area) and may NOT placed in the street which may cause flooding if washed into the street storm drain system.
- Leaves may not be raked or blown on to public property or other private property without specific permission from the property owner.
- A suggested alternative is to bag your leaves in large yard-waste paper bags (plastic is not accepted) available at various hardware and lawn and garden stores, and set them out for collection with your regular weekly Rumpke trash.
- Regular yard waste (grass clippings, small sticks – smaller than a broom stick, twigs, discarded annuals, trimmings, and other small debris) must be bagged in large yard-waste paper bags or in your brown Rumpke 2- wheeler for Rumpke, following their yard waste requirements. The Village leafing crew will not pick up this type of material and placing it in the leaf pile may seriously damage leafing equipment.
- The maintenance crew will pick up leaves on a tentaive schedule but will collect throughout the Village as necessary focusing on areas where leaves have been placed at the curb.
Leaves may not be left at the curb or in the street during the Winter months. After January 6, 2019, raked leaves must be bagged in paper bags and placed out according to the regular guidelines for yard waste pick-up.
Spring & Summer Brush Pick-Up
The Village provides curb side brush pickup to assist residents in maintaining the exterior appearance of their property. This service is provided the second (2nd) and fourth (4th) Thursday of each month from March 1 through October 31. The brush collection service is suspended from November 1 through February as the Village provides leaf pickup and snow removal services during the Winter months.
The following guidelines must be followed when using the curbside brush pick-up service:
- No waste (limbs, vines, brush etc.) for brush collection shall be set out on the street curb no earlier than 6 p.m. the designated day before brush collection. Collection is the second (2nd) and fourth (4th) Thursday of the month from March 1 through October 31.
- Brush and branches must be bundled and tied not to exceed 4 feet by 2 feet in size.
- Tree limbs set out for removal must be but no larger than 9 feet long maximum, 10 inches in diameter.
- Larger yard waste debris may be taken by the homeowner to one of the Hamilton County yard waste drop off sites. Please call the Hamilton County Department of Environmental Services at 513-946-7777 for more information or visit their web site here.
- Limbs and brush must be stacked or piled length wise along the sidewalk in front of your property on the yard side of the sidewalk. Do not block the sidewalk or place items in the gutter.
- Vines and limbs with thorns must be cut into 4-foot lengths and bundled and tied with string (no wire).
- Piles of different types of materials must be separated and set out in individual areas (i.e., limbs in one area, vines, thorns, and logs in another). Our crew will not untangle big piles of various types of material at each residence. Please use your entire yard frontage to set the brush out if necessary, and form a second row if required.
- Materials such as rocks, bricks, pipes, wire, fencing material, lumber, etc., are to be disposed of with your regular trash according to Rumpke’s regulations and must fit in the brown bin or be placed in paper yard bags; plastic is not permitted.
- Bagged leaves prepared for Rumpke or Village pick-up must be collected in paper yard bags only; no plastic.
- With street parking at a premium, please be considerate of your neighbors and avoid placing brush piles where parking on the street will be inhibited. You may even discuss with your neighbor about putting the brush on the opposite side of the street that has no street parking.
Remember that any contractors you hire to provide outdoor services (professional tree trimmers, landscapers, builders, etc.) are required to remove from your property any tree limbs, trunks, brush, logs, etc. that they generate. They are not permitted to place this material at the curb.
Note that during the Winter months, mid-December through mid-March, the maintenance crew concentrates on snow removal and safe streets. Brush and leaf pick-up are suspended during that time period.