(12/21/2019) Notice: Leaf collection has ended for the 2019 Fall season. The maintenance crew covered the entire Village twice last week. Any news leaves raked will need to be placed in paper yard waste bags and set out for Rumpke pick-up.
Leaves raked to the curb by December 13 will be Each property owner is responsible to collect and properly dispose of leaves on their property during the Fall season. The Village will assist you in this process by collecting leaves raked to the curb, during the time frame of early-November through mid-December, weather and season permitting. Print Schedule
If circumstances beyond our control prevent the collection of leaves (inclement weather, equipment issues) property owners are still responsible to remove leaves from the right-of-way and curb and properly dispose of them by the last day of leaf pick-up season. Follow these rules:
- Leaves must be raked to the right-of-way at the curb (the grassy area) and may NOT be placed in the curb or street.
- Leaves may not be raked or blown onto public property or on private property without specific permission from the property owner.
- A suggested alternative is to bag your leaves in large yard-waste paper bags (plastic is not accepted) available at various hardware and lawn and garden stores, and set them out for collection with your regular weekly Rumpke trash.
- Regular yard waste (grass clippings, small sticks – smaller than a broomstick, twigs, discarded annuals, trimmings, and other small debris) must be bagged in large yard-waste paper bags or in your brown Rumpke 2- wheeler for Rumpke to pick up, following their yard waste requirements. The Village leafing crew will not pick up this type of material as placing it in the leaf pile may seriously damage leafing equipment.
- Leaves may not be left at the curb or in the street during the Winter months after leaf collection has ended. Raked leaves must be bagged by the tenant, property owner or agent of the property into paper bags and placed out for collection by Rumpke according to their requirements for yard-waste pick-up.
- Note that during the Winter months, mid-December through the end of February, the maintenance crew does not pick up brush or leaves at the curb.
- The maintenance crew will pick up leaves throughout the Village focusing on areas where leaves have been placed at the curb. Priority will be given following the schedule below.
Leaves may not be left at the curb or in the street during the Winter months. After December 13, raked leaves must be bagged in paper bags and placed out according to the regular guidelines for Rumpke yard-waste pick-up.
Spring & Summer Brush Pick-Up
The Village provides curb side brush pickup to assist residents in maintaining the exterior appearance of their property. This service is provided the second (2nd) and fourth (4th) Thursday of each month from March 1 through October 31. The brush collection service is suspended from November 1 through February as the Village provides leaf pickup and snow removal services during the Winter months.
The following guidelines must be followed when using the curbside brush pick-up service:
- No waste (limbs, vines, brush etc.) for brush collection shall be set out on the street curb no earlier than 6 p.m. the designated day before brush collection. Collection is the second (2nd) and fourth (4th) Thursday of the month from March 1 through October 31.
- Brush and branches must be bundled and tied not to exceed 4 feet by 2 feet in size.
- Tree limbs set out for removal must be but no larger than 9 feet long maximum, 10 inches in diameter.
- Larger yard waste debris may be taken by the homeowner to one of the Hamilton County yard waste drop off sites. Please call the Hamilton County Department of Environmental Services at 513-946-7777 for more information or visit their web site here.
- Limbs and brush must be stacked or piled length wise along the sidewalk in front of your property on the yard side of the sidewalk. Do not block the sidewalk or place items in the gutter.
- Vines and limbs with thorns must be cut into 4-foot lengths and bundled and tied with string (no wire).
- Piles of different types of materials must be separated and set out in individual areas (i.e., limbs in one area, vines, thorns, and logs in another). Our crew will not untangle big piles of various types of material at each residence. Please use your entire yard frontage to set the brush out if necessary, and form a second row if required.
- Materials such as rocks, bricks, pipes, wire, fencing material, lumber, etc., are to be disposed of with your regular trash according to Rumpke’s regulations and must fit in the brown bin or be placed in paper yard bags; plastic is not permitted.
- Bagged leaves prepared for Rumpke or Village pick-up must be collected in paper yard bags only; no plastic.
- With street parking at a premium, please be considerate of your neighbors and avoid placing brush piles where parking on the street will be inhibited. You may even discuss with your neighbor about putting the brush on the opposite side of the street that has no street parking.
Remember that any contractors you hire to provide outdoor services (professional tree trimmers, landscapers, builders, etc.) are required to remove from your property any tree limbs, trunks, brush, logs, etc. that they generate. They are not permitted to place this material at the curb.