Public Hearing Scheduled July 14 For Referendum On Village Ordinance 2019 – 10
GOLF MANOR (7/2/2020) – The Council of the Village of Golf Manor has set a public hearing to be conducted on Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 6 PM on the matter of a referendum petitioned for Village Ordinance 2019 -10: An Ordinance to Combat Discrimination and for the Guarantee of Equality and Inclusion.
This Ordinance was passed by Council on January 27, 2020. A group of registered voters successfully petitioned the Hamilton County Board of Elections by gathering enough signatures to request the Ordinance be sent to the ballot at the General Election to be held on Tuesday. November 3, 2020. Council will hear comments about the Ordinance at this hearing. Afterwards Council will immediately convene a special meeting to determine next steps for the Ordinance.
This is a public meeting and will be held in one of three ways depending on COVID – 19 protocols in effect on that date:
- In-person in the Chambers of Council at 6450 Wiehe Road
- Outside at Volunteer Park across the street from the municipal building. There will be no restroom facilities available at the park.
- Conducted virtually by Zoom call. If a virtual meeting is scheduled, details for public participation will be posted here.
During any in-person meeting (items 1 or 2 above), the following COVID – 19 protocols will be required to be followed:
- You will be required to have a temperature scan prior to entry.
- Guests will be required to wear face masks at all times unless seated and social distancing at the recommended 6ft. If you get up, you must put your mask back on. You must provide your own mask.
- Employees of the Village will be required to wear face masks at all times when interacting with the public.
Updates on how the hearing will be conducted will be posted on the Village website.
The full text of the Ordinance can be found here.