Garbage Collection Guidelines Need to Be Followed
GOLF MANOR (6/29/2018) – A number of residents are setting out their garbage for Tuesday morning collection as early as Friday or over the weekend. In addition, a number of residents are not storing their bins from the curbs for several days after they are emptied. This is a reminder that by Village Ordinance 521.10 (Waste Collection Rules), the following must be observed by residents when setting out items for residential waste collection in the Village of Golf Manor:
WHEN TO SET OUT TRASH
- Garbage may be set out no earlier than Monday evening after 6 p.m. prior to Tuesday waste collection. Items must be secured in containers provided by Rumpke. Non-Rumpke containers and bags not containing yard waste will not be picked up.
- Non-recycled regular trash (brown waste collection bin) is picked up weekly.
- Recycled trash (green waste collection bin) is picked up every other week. Please see the 2018 Rumpke recycling collection calendar here.
- Empty containers must be removed from the curb and stored by 6 pm on Tuesday.
- Some exceptions to the pick-up day may occur when holidays fall on Monday or Tuesday; check the Rumpke website for any schedule changes.
APPROVED WASTE CONTAINERS
- All trash to be picked up must fit into the Rumpke supplied waste container allowing for automated collection, which reduces the cost to each property owner.
- Trash containers are supplied by Rumpke and are registered to a specific property address. Serial numbers are tracked and must stay with the property. Do not trade, sell or otherwise remove the container from the property to which it is assigned.
- Each Golf Manor residence is allowed the following configuration of containers under our current contract:
- Single-family property: up to two (2) wheeled, brown regular waste bins and (1) wheeled 65-gallon or (1) wheeled 35-gallon green recycling bin.
- 2-family apartment: up to two (2) wheeled, brown regular waste bins and two (2) wheeled 65-gallon or (1) wheeled 35-gallon green recycling bin.
- 4-family apartment: up to four (4) wheeled, brown regular waste bins and (4) wheeled 65-gallon green recycling bins.
- Each property owner chooses configuration and sizes needed.
- Additional carts above the guidelines described are at owner’s additional expense.
- Trash will not be collected if placed in personal containers including plastic bags, or if left at the curb in no container.
- One large item per week is permitted, e.g., furniture, rugs, mattresses, old garbage cans, appliances. Call Rumpke in advance to notify them of this need.
- Yard waste set out for Rumpke collection must fit in the brown bin or be placed in paper yard bags; plastic is not permitted. Bagged leaves prepared for Rumpke or Village pick-up must be collected in paper yard bags- again, no plastic.
- Freon must be removed from air conditioners and refrigerators by a certified technician to qualify for pick up (certificate must be affixed to the unit).
- TVs and computer screens are prohibited (recycle these items at authorized collection outlets).
- Tires are prohibited per Ohio law (recycle at a tire dealer).
- “Move out” garbage when vacating a property must adhere to the above guidelines. If move out waste will not fit into the regular bins, a special pick-up will need to be requested from Rumpke at the owner’s additional expense. Failure to follow this procedure may result in a waste violation citation and fine.