Leaf collection ended on December 8, 2017. Any leaves raked to the curb after this date must be bagged and set out for regular waste collection with Rumpke. It is the property owner’s responsibility to properly dispose of leaves. Piles of leaves may not remain at the curb during the Winter months.
The Village provides curb side brush pickup to assist residents in maintaining the exterior appearance of their property. This service is provided the second (2nd) and fourth (4th) Thursday of each month from March 1 through October 31. The brush collection service is suspended from November 1 through February as the Village provides leaf pickup and snow removal services during the Winter months.
The following guidelines must be followed when using the curbside brush pick-up service:
- No waste (limbs, vines, brush etc.) for brush collection shall be set out on the street curb no earlier than 6 p.m. the designated day before brush collection. Collection is the second (2nd) and fourth (4th) Thursday of the month from March 1 through October 31.
- Brush and branches must be bundled and tied not to exceed 4 feet by 2 feet in size.
- Tree limbs set out for removal must be but no larger than 9 feet long maximum, 10 inches in diameter.
- Larger yard waste debris may be taken by the homeowner to one of the Hamilton County yard waste drop off sites. Please call the Hamilton County Department of Environmental Services at 946-7777 for more information or visit their web site at http://www.hcdoes.org/sw/yard_waste.htm.
- Limbs and brush must be stacked or piled length wise along the sidewalk in front of your property on the yard side of the sidewalk. Do not block the sidewalk or place items in the gutter.
- Vines and limbs with thorns must be cut into 4-foot lengths and bundled and tied with string (no wire).
- Piles of different types of materials must be separated and set out in individual areas (i.e., limbs in one area, vines, thorns, and logs in another). Our crew will not untangle big piles of various types of material at each residence. Please use your entire yard frontage to set the brush out if necessary, and form a second row if required.
- Materials such as rocks, bricks, pipes, wire, fencing material, lumber, etc., are to be disposed of with your regular trash according to Rumpke’s regulations and must fit in the brown bin or be placed in paper yard bags; plastic is not permitted.
- Bagged leaves prepared for Rumpke or Village pick-up must be collected in paper yard bags only; no plastic.
- With street parking at a premium, please be considerate of your neighbors and avoid placing brush piles where parking on the street will be inhibited. You may even discuss with your neighbor about putting the brush on the opposite side of the street that has no street parking.
Remember that any contractors you hire to provide outdoor services (professional tree trimmers, landscapers, builders, etc.) are required to remove from your property any tree limbs, trunks, brush, logs, etc. that they generate. They are not permitted to place this material at the curb.
Download 2018 Printable Leaf Collection Schedule
During Fall the Village collects leaves according to the schedule below from mid-October through the first week in December, weather permitting. Leaves must be raked to the curb in advance of the scheduled pick-up dates for your street. Please note that your leaves may be picked up later than the scheduled week, due to inclement weather or other circumstances beyond our control. It is anticipated we will be able to go back over streets between the scheduled weeks.
Leaves raked to the curb must not be raked into the gutter or into the street blocking street drains. This could cause flooding if the leaves are washed into the street storm drain system. Small sticks (smaller than a broom stick), twigs, leaves, and other small debris such as this must be bagged or placed in cans for Rumpke, following Rumpke’s yard waste requirements. The Village leafing crew will not pick up this type of material and placing it in the leaf pile may seriously damage leafing equipment.
After December 8, 2017, raked leaves left at the curb must be bagged and placed out according to the regular guidelines for yard waste pick-up. Raked leaves are not permitted to lay in the curb over the Winter months.
2018 LEAF PICK-UP SCHEDULE
(Tentative based on weather and conditions beyond our control.)
Week of October 22
Week of October 29
Week of November 5
Week of November 12
Week of November 19
Week of November 26
Week of December 3
After December 7, 2018 any leaves left at the curb must be properly bagged and placed out for collection by Rumpke. Raked leaves are not permitted to lay in the curb over the Winter months.
Download Printable Leaf Collection Schedule